Ch Leogem Minuet JW

Ch Miletree Nijinsky X Leogem Pavane

Owned by Tina + Dennis Homes

CC Manchester 2006~ Judge Mrs A Paloheimo

CC Southern CKCS 2006 ~ Judge Mrs L Gillhespy

CC + BOB Bath 2006 ~ Judge Ms M Hogan

Dennis Homes

3 д. ·

Today is our Ch Leogem Rhapsody's twelfth birthday. The main photo on the left was taken today. Photo top right was of her in the Parade of the Champions at the Cavalier Club show in March this year when she was eleven and a half. Bottom two photos were taken when she was two years old.
She won eight CCs and eleven reserve CCs. Oddly enough her son, Ch Leogem Renaissance, did it in reverse by winning eleven CCs and eight reserve CCs.
She is the grandmother to our latest champion, Ch Leogem Winter Melody.
Her pet name is Gloria. When she was first born she was very still and wouldn't feed while the rest of the litter were guzzling away at their mother's milk. We felt sure that she wouldn't survive and put her on some bedding over a heat pad. Then after about an hour she began wriggling around and crying out as if to say, "Where's my dinner!" We put her back with her mum and she immediately started guzzling. We decided to name her after Gloria Gaynor whose hit song was "I Will Survive"!
1695851054995.png

1695851082192.png

1695851108710.png
1695851123058.png

Norma Inglis с Tina Homes.​

27 сентябрь 2022 г. ·

1f3bc.png
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1f3bc.png

“The I’m Only Human Picture Show” competition that we took part in during lockdown, was really popular. It lightened our spirits and brought us closer together. We saw our global Facebook friends at different stages of their lives, we saw their knick knacks, their favourite holiday places, mugs, shoes and almost every other category under the sun. And what opportunities our judges were given
1f600.png
. They may not have aspired to award CCs but they rose to the challenge of judging misshapen fruit and vegetables
1f605.png

The interviews with Sir Dudley Forwood and Susan Burgess posted recently were also well received and many have asked for more of the same.
Thought I would fast forward to today and conduct interviews with people from the current Cavalier and Toy dog fanciers.
And get your own answers ready ….I could be calling on you next
1f605.png

It’s Tina’s turn
1f601.png
. Tina Homes (LEOGEM)
Let the fun begin.
1. What is your full name?
TINA HOMES
2. Where were you born and tell us about your growing up? What was your first job.
I was born to an English Mother and an Italian Father in Walthamstow East London, which at the time was in the county of Essex. Well, that certainly doesn’t apply now as it has been swallowed up and incorporated in the greater metropolis of London. My father was typically a concerned Sicilian father who didn’t want his precious daughter to go to school, but consented when a suitable Roman Catholic Convent education was found. On my first day there at the age of 5 years and 3 months and never having been away from my parents at any time, I cried when left for the first time.
I caused great consternation after the lunch break as I didn’t return to my class, and naturally the teacher, together with a very stern Head Mistress (Sister Peter) conducted a search.
I was soon found sitting next to my new found friend in the next door form. Just in time before the police were called. I don’t recall any admonishment for my self upgrade, but I do remember when my Mother came to collect me later in the day, with many sighs and tut tuts. At a later date my two younger brothers started their education there. I stayed on to complete my GCE’s and in that final year was nominated and became Head Girl. During this time of study I took a Saturday job at the local Woolworths for the princely sum 19 shillings and 6 pence, (worth about 98 pence today), for a 9 am to 6pm day. I worked on the gardening counter which was changed in the winter months to Christmas decorations and toys. Maybe that is why I have no excitement these days for anything that signals Christmas. When I left school I worked for a local Solicitors, but with restless feet I took a job in the City of London working for an old established Merchant Bank within the shadow of the Bank of England. My job was in the Tax and Trustee Department, dealing with monied estates of the rich and not always the famous. Met some very interesting people in those years.
3. If you could change places with someone for a day who would it be.
I really had to think about this. As boring as it may seem I really have no aspirations to be anyone else.
I have enough in my life. I am happy being me.
4. Your favourite food? Your favourite drink?
My current waistline tells me every day, “Take it easy!” Yes, I love food. My Italian roots make me favour anything in this cuisine. Pasta and Rice based dishes. Most fish but not any shellfish or the like.
Can’t look past a plate of fish and chips either. What I imbibe mostly is wine. Full bodied reds and gentle Muscat whites. A good Gin is always acceptable as is a Jack Daniels.
5. Best Cavalier Dog and Best Cavalier bitch you have bred?
CH LEOGEM RHAPSODY for type, deportment and personality. She had everything that the breed requires. Her style on the move was exemplary, added to which she was so feminine. She gained her first CC at 14 months old from the novice class from Lucy Koster and continued her winning ways with 7 more CC’s and 11 RCCs. She also won several Best in Shows at breed club championship show level until her retirement at 4 years of age to have her first litter where she produced her son.
CH LEOGEM RENAISSANCE JW. Another Blenheim who again appealed for his gentle, pretty expression, but still no denying he was all male. He was pretty much unbeaten through his puppy days and went on to gain 11 CCs with again several BIS at breed club championship level. I was persuaded by his American sire’s owner to let him go to the USA for a year to see what he would do in the ring. He gained his club championship, AKC and also became a Grand Champion. Covid reared its ugly head and that planned year turned into 2.5 years. I am glad to say he is back in the Leogem fold, a little older, but still with the sweetest nature.
6. Your favourite Perfume
Perfumes are so seasonal to my mind. I like flowery fragrances in the warmer months of the year, but tend to favour slightly heavier types throughout the colder months. At this time I am alternating between Daisy (Marc Jacobs), Sicily (Dolce Gabbanna) and Diamonds (Giorgio Armani)
7. Your own personal favourite LEOGEM Cavalier over the years, not necessarily the best.
This has got to be the most difficult question of all. We have never had a large number of dogs and we keep them as part of our family and they share our living space. So who to choose feels like a betrayal to any one of them. They may be only dogs but their personalities make them who they are.
I do know when we have to say our goodbyes and we lose them, the hurt is unbearable. I really couldn’t choose.
8. Of all the Cavaliers you have judged which one in your opinion best fits the standard (Leogem excepted)
I was invited just three years ago to judge in Matamoras in Pennsylvania. ORCHARDHILL CHARGE IT TO DAD owned and bred by Erica Venier just screamed breed type; exquisite headpiece with eyes like pools. Everything for me was so correct. So stylish on the move. Loved her.
9. Your favourite movie? Favourite actor and favourite actress?
When it comes to movies I have the attention span of a gnat. If the movie doesn’t grab me in the first 10/15 minutes I become a lost cause. I very rarely go out to especially see a film. There are so few that are light hearted and I like to lose myself for the duration. I enjoy the likes of musicals and so it has to be the likes of MAMA MIA, full of escapism and fantastic music. Twee, I know, but the lift it gives your heart makes for pure entertainment. Old school actors like ANTHONY HOPKINS …fabulous in any role. The shining star must be JUDI DENCH. I would watch her in anything.
10. Your funniest moment in dogs.
At the time we had a young bitch named Leogem Minuet. We decided to travel to Stafford for the Manchester Championship show in 2006. Minnie was entered in the junior class of 26 ….those were the days. We won the class. As the day was progressing, I decided to take Minnie outside to toilet. She wouldn’t oblige. Several attempts later she decided she would oblige. I cleared up after her and returned to the hall. On coming back in, she let loose another package, and this time I wasn’t prepared. With no clean up bag to remove the offending article, I was forced to stand over the deposit hoping to stop anyone stepping into it. After a good few minutes and asking if anyone had a spare bag, a Lady was moving towards me. I asked her to take hold of Minnie’s lead and stand guard whilst I ran back to my bench to collect another bag. I hot footed back to where this kind lady was who was now directing people this way and that to avoid the mess. As I was clearing up she said, “Have you been seen yet, and what have you done?” I answered “yes, won our class and now waiting for the challenge.
“Oh good” she said, “ That poo is definitely a good sign”. I gave her a quizzical look and she laughed.
She then continued, “Everytime one of my dogs has done this, they always seem to win big time. In fact, the last time it happened, I won the CC on the day. Yes, it could be your day”.
I laughed and thanked her for her help. I just got back in time to put a final comb through to take Minnie back in for the challenge. To my amazement the judge gave us the ticket. It was her first. My legs were like jelly legs but a wry smile came to my countenance. That Lady was right. There was luck in that Poo.
1f601.png

Minnie went on to win a further 5CC’s and a BIS.
11. Favourite singer and type of music?
I love music. Mood plays a big part. Classics, opera and I just love violin concertos.
I love clever lyrics as well, the likes of Dean Freedman, Eva Cassidy, Glen Campbell, John Denver and Dolly Parton. My all-time favourite singer has to be the late great ELLA FITZGERALD, singing anything from Bernstein, Berlin, Gershwin, Porter. Anything from the All American song book.
13. Kind of car you travel to shows in?
We are hoping to take delivery this week of our new Skoda Octavia Estate For its class it has a cavernous boot which comfortably takes all our dog show equipment, without having to move any seating.
13. Saddest moment in dogs?
Has to be when CH LEOGEM GINESTRA lost her only whelp a few days after giving birth. It was her first litter and sadly to be her last. She became very unwell and was literally bleeding to death. She was diagnosed with a rare auto immune condition called Evans Syndrome. This can be brought on once a bitch has given birth. I watched her fading before my eyes. She desperately needed a blood transfusion. Her platelets were down to 13, and she had a stroke and was in collapse. Our friends David and Sandra Ireland Moger offered their Golden Retriever Elsa as a doner. We shall be forever grateful for this kindest of actions. A lot of blood was needed and this had to be done over a two-day period. Once she was stabilised then a life saving spay would stop the bleeding. As I turned to walk out of the surgery, I looked back to see her face, her eyes pleading with me to stay, it broke my heart. I thought I had cuddled her for the last time. Almost two years on, she is still with us, and now extremely fit.
14. The Cavalier dog/Cavalier bitch you wish you had kept?
There is probably only one bitch that I wish I had kept, she was out of Leogem Symphony. She was pretty and oh so typy, but we had promised this person that the next bitch was hers. It was a promise and I just had to honour it. I think we would have had a lot of fun in the ring had she stayed.
15. What other pastimes do you enjoy?
Gardening is my solace. Whether digging, pruning or taking cuttings, I am in my element.
I grow things to eat as well as things that are pleasing to the eye in colour and form. Roses and Clematis are my favourites. When I was at school I did GCE in art as one of my subjects and have over the years worked in watercolour. Since moving here 5 years ago, the paints have not seen daylight, but I am determined to pick up again one day. My love of history, both English and European is something I enjoy and my bookshelves are groaning from the weight of books in this interest. Like Dennis I enjoy writing, mainly short stories and poetry. I have in the past had some work published, but most of my writing is just for my own enjoyment. The dogs and gardening take the best part of my attention, but then again the former are my life.
16. Your favourite Judge
There are some judges I do enjoy watching and try whenever possible to bring a new exhibit for their appraisal. One judge who fascinates both by his calm and gentle approach is Albert Wight. Such a knowledgeable all-rounder, so polite to exhibitors and very sympathetic handling of the dogs. When watching him in action you can see his thought process and his consistency in his placings.
The other judge has to be Annukka Paloheimo. She has such in depth knowledge as an all rounder, but knows and understands the intricacies of the Cavalier as she used to have our wonderful breed. She is decisive and again shows great empathy in handling exhibits.
17. If stranded on a desert island what 2 items would be vital.
I hope I would also be able to take a bible and the complete works of Shakespeare. So, for practical reasons I would like a Bowie knife for cutting and preparing food, and a flint to help to start a fire to cook over.
18. Favourite TV programmes
TV is not my favourite medium. I do enjoy travel and natural science based programmes. News and political debate, only because I love to scream at the TV. Favourite weekly is Countryfile and Gardeners World. The only soap I watch is Coronation Street. How sad is that? Never watched Big Brother or any of the reality shows. All those must be as interesting as watching paint dry.
The winter season is about to begin, so hopefully there might be some good new dramas. I am not sure whether it is my age, but most of these have such poor diction with these newer method actors that I quickly give up the ghost. Nothing worse than keep punctuating every line with, “What did he say?”
The new series of Strictly Come Dancing is unmissable in my book. The only downside to that is a reminder that Christmas time is on its way… Oh Jingle Bells!
19. What piece of advice would you give newbies just starting to show.
I would remind them that we were all newbies sometime and that anything worth waiting for takes time, patience and a great deal of fortitude. I would say watch and speak to people who have had success and ask their advice. Listen, whether that advice appeals is another matter. And learn.
Study the breed standard learn it by rote. What you don’t understand seek someone to explain. Every dog you see try to apply that standard to it, Heavy going, yes, but by learning the standard and putting it against dogs helps you understand. Above all, don’t follow fashion. The stud dog that Mrs XXXX used and produced a class winner, might not be the right dog for your bitch.
Treasure your chosen breed, think about tomorrow and the future. Our dogs depend on this
20. If a fairy granted you three wishes what would you wish for?
I would want that fairy to sprinkle that magic dust on everyone.
1. To culture respect and love for all living things.
2. That the living world has sustenance for survival. 3. And for me, with some troubling health issues of late, I would like the return of a 25 year old body.
21. How did you become involved with Cavaliers?
I have pretty much been around dogs since young. I previously had my own Yellow Labrador.
I moved from one large house where I lived with my parents to a smaller one which Dennis and I had. Si when my Labrador passed we wanted a smaller version. Well at least a friendly, loveable sporting dog. We found this with a Cavalier. Our first was sadly a puppy farmed Blenheim bitch, completely wrong in all departments, added to this she had slipping patellas. Her virtues were her fantastic temperament, friendly, playful and a size which suited our lifestyle. Well, we couldn’t stop at just one, so we found another from a show bred line. We said to the breeder we would show this hopeful, and we couldn’t go back on our word. With both feet off the ground we jumped in, and was smitten. Over the years we have added to our dogs, not something that was ever intended, but anyone who breeds and shows will certainly understand how a passing interest, becomes an obsession.
22. Where do you like to holiday.
Through our interest in dogs we have travelled pretty far and wide, New Zealand, Australia, America, and many places in Europe. There are many places that I have been outside of dogs too, and for me the places that I love most of all are all in Italy and Sicily. So much to see, history and superb weather. Oh, and the food!
23. If you could invite anyone from the past or the present to dinner who would you like around your table.
You can consider celebrites etc.,
The first for the invite would be my late Mum, Dad and Brother. So much to say and to catch up on.
Some years ago Dennis and I were invited to a literary lunch in a swanky hotel in London, and we had an entertaining and wonderful time. Meeting with that wonderful raconteur and journalist and TV entertainer Gyles Brandreth. So knowledgeable, so full of useless information but a truly wonderful character. At the same lunch we also met the ever-so funny Pam Ayers. She would leave us crying with laughter, I am sure.
24. What kind of things make you mad.
I can put up with most things, but have no time for people who are most economical with the truth.
Also absolutely abhor bad manners in any form.
25. Why do you think Leogem has been successful over the years?
Such a good question, but not sure how to answer this. If we have been successful then I suppose a lot of it has been luck. Anyone can breed a litter of puppies. The mechanics are simple, put two willing dogs together and hey presto you have puppies some weeks later. However, the dynamics of that liaison is another thing. Did the markings please? Have they got all the essentials, teeth, testicles, good conformation and temperament to take them to the top. How many times have people bred a good litter, tried to do a repeat the next time, and a whole load of Cuckoos appear.
When we first started in the breed way back in 1980, we showed very little at championship level, but did our apprenticeship at the open shows. We did breed and were lucky to get better than the bitch we started with. And continued down that line.
Around 20 years ago we made a bigger effort to really improve what we had. We entered more champ shows and found that we could measure our stock with others. I have thought how nice it would be to make up a champion, and to date we have titled seven. Not bad I suppose for a hobby where we literally only breed a litter for the next generation when we want a new puppy. I made a promise to myself, that I would strive to breed a Best in Show winner at the prestigious Cavalier club annual champ show, and to do the same with a Best puppy.This was achieved with Leogem Renaissance and Leogem Ginestra both on the same day.
The next goal was to win a Best Puppy in Breed at Crufts. We did it. Leogem Ginestra. The final goal was to win a CC at Crufts. This year 2022 we attained our dreams, and for good measure Best of Breed and a third in the Toy Group. With a young Blenheim bitch CH LEOGEM WINTER MELODY. She never saw the inside of a show ring until she was just two weeks from 18 months of age. Covid didn’t help us, or countless other youngsters, but with hope and that little bit of luck we collected our dreams on the way.
So, looking back we have been successful in our own small way.
I very nearly didn’t go to Crufts on the day as we had a poorly dog that needed 24 hour round the clock treatment. I was persuaded by Sandra Ireland Moger who said, “Just go. You can go with me.” I am so glad I did.
Perhaps success is really just being in the right place, at the right time, with the right judge and the right dog.
TINA HOMES

1696188799240.png

TINA HOMES (LEOGEM)
Пусть начнется веселье.
1. Как ваше полное имя?
TINA HOMES
2. Где вы родились и расскажите о своем взрослении? Какая у тебя была первая работа.
Я родилась у матери-англичанки и отца-итальянца в Уолтемстоу, Восточный Лондон, который в то время находился в графстве Эссекс. Что ж, это, конечно, не применимо сейчас, поскольку он был поглощен и включен в состав большого мегаполиса Лондона. Мой отец, как правило, был обеспокоенным сицилийским отцом, который не хотел, чтобы его драгоценная дочь ходила в школу, но согласился, когда было найдено подходящее образование в римско-католическом монастыре. В свой первый день там, в возрасте 5 лет и 3 месяцев, никогда не расставаясь с родителями, я плакала, когда впервые уезжала.
После обеденного перерыва я вызвала большой ужас, так как не вернулась в класс, и, естественно, учитель вместе с очень строгой директрисой (сестрой Питер) провели обыск.
Вскоре меня нашли сидящим рядом с моим новым найденным другом в соседней форме. Как раз перед вызовом полиции. Я не помню никаких увещеваний за свое самообновление, но помню, как моя Мать пришла за мной позже в тот же день, со множеством вздохов и рычаний. Позже там начали учиться два моих младших брата. Я осталась, чтобы закончить GCE, и в тот последний год была номинирована и стала старостой. Во время учебы я устроилась на субботнюю работу в местный магазин Woolworths за королевскую сумму в 19 шиллингов и 6 пенсов (сегодня это около 98 пенсов) с 9 утра до 18 вечера. Я работала над садовым прилавком, который зимой меняли на рождественские украшения и игрушки. Возможно, именно поэтому сейчас меня не волнует все, что предвещает Рождество. После окончания школы я работала у местного адвоката, но с беспокойными ногами устроился на работу в лондонском Сити, работая в старом торговом банке, находящемся в тени Банка Англии. Я работала в Департаменте налогов и попечительского управления и занималась денежными состояниями богатых и не всегда знаменитых людей. В те годы познакомился с очень интересными людьми.
3. Если бы ты мог поменяться с кем-нибудь местами на день, кто бы это был.
Мне действительно нужно было об этом подумать. Каким бы скучным это ни казалось, у меня нет никаких стремлений быть кем-то другим.
Мне хватает в жизни. Я счастлива быть собой.
4. Ваша любимая еда? Ваш любимый напиток?
Моя нынешняя талия каждый день говорит мне: «Успокойся!» Да, я люблю еду. Мои итальянские корни заставляют меня отдавать предпочтение всему, что есть в этой кухне. Блюда на основе пасты и риса. Большая часть рыбы, но не моллюски и тому подобное.
Не могу пройти мимо тарелки рыбы с жареным картофелем. Больше всего я пью вино. Насыщенные красные и нежные белые мускатные вина. Хороший джин всегда приемлем, как и Джек Дэниэлс.
5. Лучший кавалер-кобель и лучшая сука кавалера, которых вы разводили?
CH LEOGEM RHAPSODY за тип, манеру поведения и индивидуальность. У нее было все, что требует порода. Ее стиль в движении был образцовым, к тому же она была еще и очень женственной. Она получила свой первый CC в 14 месяцев в классе новичков от Люси Костер и продолжила свой победный путь, получив еще 7 CC и 11 RCC. Она также выиграла несколько выставок Best in Show на уровне чемпионатов клубов породы, пока не вышла на пенсию в 4 года, чтобы родить первый помет, от которого она родила сына.
CH LEOGEM RENAISSANCE JW. Еще один Бленхейм, который снова привлек к себе своим нежным и красивым выражением лица, но все же не отрицал, что он весь мужчина. Он практически не проигрывал в щенячьи годы и впоследствии получил 11 СС и снова несколько BIS на уровне чемпионата клуба породы. Владелец его американского отца уговорил меня отпустить его на год в США, чтобы посмотреть, что он будет делать на ринге. Он выиграл клубный чемпионат AKC, а также стал Гранд Чемпионом. Covid поднял свою уродливую голову, и запланированный год превратился в 2,5 года. Я рад сообщить, что он вернулся в семью Леогем, немного старше, но по-прежнему с милейшим характером.
6. Ваш любимый парфюм
На мой взгляд, духи очень сезонны. Мне нравятся цветочные ароматы в теплые месяцы года, но в холодные месяцы я предпочитаю более тяжелые ароматы. В настоящее время я чередую Дейзи (Марк Джейкобс), Сицилию (Дольче Габбанна) и Бриллианты (Джорджио Армани).
7. Ваш личный фаворит LEOGEM Cavalier на протяжении многих лет, не обязательно лучший.
Это, должно быть, самый трудный вопрос из всех. У нас никогда не было большого количества собак, и мы держим их как часть нашей семьи, и они делят наше жизненное пространство. Поэтому для любого из них выбор того, кого выбрать, кажется предательством. Возможно, они всего лишь собаки, но их характер делает их такими, какие они есть.
Я знаю, когда нам нужно попрощаться и потерять их, боль невыносима. Я действительно не мог выбрать.
8. Из всех Кавалеров, которых вы оценили, кто, по вашему мнению, лучше всего соответствует стандарту (за исключением Леогема)
Меня пригласили всего три года назад судить в Матаморасе в Пенсильвании. ORCHARDHILL CHARGE IT TO DAD, принадлежащей и выращенный Эрикой Веньер, просто кричала о типе породы; изысканный головной убор с глазами-лужами. Для меня все было так правильно. Такой стильный в движении.
9. Твой любимый фильм? Любимый актёр и любимая актриса?
Когда дело доходит до фильмов, у меня концентрация внимания как у комара. Если фильм не захватит меня в первые 10–15 минут, я проиграю. Я очень редко выхожу специально посмотреть фильм. Есть так мало беззаботных людей, и мне нравится на время потерять себя. Мне нравятся мюзиклы, поэтому это должен быть что-то вроде MAMA MIA, полный эскапизма и фантастической музыки. Тви, я знаю, но радость, которую он дает твоему сердцу, превращается в чистое развлечение. Актеры старой школы, такие как ЭНТОНИ ХОПКИНС… потрясающие в любой роли. Яркой звездой, должно быть, является Джуди Денч. Я бы посмотрел на нее во всем.
10. Ваш самый смешной момент среди собак.
В то время у нас была молодая сука по имени Леогем Менуэт. Мы решили поехать в Стаффорд на выставку чемпионата Манчестера в 2006 году. Минни была заявлена в класс юниоров из 26 лет….такие были дни. Мы выиграли класс. В течение дня я решил отвести Минни в туалет. Она не стала бы обязывать. Спустя несколько попыток она решила, что согласится. Я убралась за ней и вернулась в зал. Вернувшись, она выронила еще один пакет, и на этот раз я был не готов. Не имея мешка для уборки, чтобы убрать оскорбительный предмет, я была вынуждена стоять над депозитом, надеясь помешать кому-либо влезть в него. Спустя несколько минут и вопросив, есть ли у кого-нибудь запасная сумка, ко мне двинулась Леди. Я попросил ее взять поводок Минни и стоять на страже, а сам побежал обратно на скамейку за еще одной сумкой. Я поспешно вернулся туда, где была эта добрая женщина, которая теперь направляла людей туда и сюда, чтобы избежать беспорядка. Когда я убиралась, она спросила: «Вас уже видели и что вы сделали?» Я ответил: «Да, выиграл наш класс и теперь жду вызова.
«О, хорошо, — сказала она, — эти какашки определенно хороший знак». Я вопросительно посмотрел на нее, и она рассмеялась.
Затем она продолжила: «Каждый раз, когда одна из моих собак делает это, кажется, что они всегда выигрывают. Фактически, в последний раз, когда это произошло, я выиграл CC в тот день. Да, это может быть твой день».
Я засмеялся и поблагодарил ее за помощь. Я только что вернулся вовремя, чтобы провести последнюю проверку и вернуть Минни на вызов. К моему удивлению, судья выдал нам билет. Это был ее первый раз. Мои ноги были как желейные, но на моем лице появилась кривая улыбка. Эта Леди была права. В этом шоу повезло.
Минни выиграла еще 5CC и BIS.
11. Любимый певец и жанр музыки?
Я люблю музыку. Настроение играет большую роль. Классика, опера и я просто обожаю скрипичные концерты.
Я также люблю умные тексты, такие как Дин Фридман, Ева Кэссиди, Глен Кэмпбелл, Джон Денвер и Долли Партон. Моей любимой певицей на все времена, наверное, была покойная великая ЭЛЛА ФИЦДЖЕРАЛЬД, исполнявшая что угодно от Бернштейна, Берлина, Гершвина, Портера. Что-нибудь из Всеамериканского песенника.
12. На какой машине ты ездишь на концерты?
На этой неделе мы надеемся получить нашу новую Skoda Octavia Estate. Для своего класса она имеет вместительный багажник, в который с комфортом поместится все наше выставочное оборудование без необходимости перемещать сиденья.
13. Самый грустный момент у собак?
Должно быть, это произошло, когда CH LEOGEM GINESTRA потеряла своего единственного щенка через несколько дней после родов. Это был ее первый помет и, к сожалению, последний. Ей стало очень плохо, и она буквально истекала кровью. У нее диагностировали редкое аутоиммунное заболевание под названием синдром Эванса. Это можно сделать после того, как сука родила. Я видел, как она угасала у меня на глазах. Ей отчаянно требовалось переливание крови. Уровень тромбоцитов упал до 13, у нее случился инсульт, и она была в коллапсе. Наши друзья Дэвид и Сандра Айрленд Могер предложили в качестве донера своего золотистого ретривера Эльзу. Мы будем вечно благодарны за этот добрейший поступок. Требовалось много крови, и это нужно было сделать в течение двух дней. Как только ее состояние стабилизируется, спасительная стерилизация остановит кровотечение. Когда я повернулся, чтобы выйти из операционной, я оглянулся и увидел ее лицо, ее глаза, умоляющие меня остаться, это разбило мне сердце. Мне казалось, что я обнял ее в последний раз. Спустя почти два года она все еще с нами и сейчас в отличной форме.
14. Собака кавалер/сука кавалер, которую вы хотели бы оставить себе?
Наверное, есть только одна сука, которую мне хотелось бы оставить: она ушла из Leogem Symphony. Она была хорошенькая и такая типичная, но мы пообещали этому человеку, что следующая сука будет ее. Это было обещание, и я просто должна была его выполнить. Я думаю, нам было бы очень весело на ринге, если бы она осталась.
15. Какие еще развлечения тебе нравятся?
Садоводство – мое утешение. Независимо от того, копаете ли вы, обрезаете или собираете черенки, я нахожусь в своей стихии.
Я выращиваю продукты для еды, а также вещи, которые приятны глазу по цвету и форме. Мои любимые розы и клематисы. Когда я учился в школе, я сдавал GCE по искусству как одному из моих предметов и на протяжении многих лет работал с акварелью. С момента переезда сюда 5 лет назад краски не видели дневного света, но я полон решимости однажды взяться за них снова. Моя любовь к истории, как английской, так и европейской, мне нравится, и мои книжные полки стонут от веса книг по этому интересу. Как и Деннис, мне нравится писать, в основном рассказы и стихи. В прошлом у меня были опубликованы некоторые работы, но большая часть моих работ написана только для моего собственного удовольствия. Собаки и садоводство занимают большую часть моего внимания, но опять же, первое - это моя жизнь.
16. Ваш любимый судья
Есть некоторые судьи, за которыми мне очень нравится наблюдать, и я стараюсь, когда это возможно, принести им на оценку новый экспонат. Одним из судей, который очаровывает своим спокойным и мягким подходом, является Альберт Уайт. Такой знающий универсал, такой вежливый по отношению к экспонентам и очень отзывчивый к собакам. Наблюдая за ним в действии, вы можете увидеть его мыслительный процесс и его последовательность в выборе позиций.
Другим судьей должна быть Аннукка Палохеймо. Она обладает такими глубокими знаниями, как универсал, но знает и понимает тонкости кавалера, как раньше владела нашей замечательной породой. Она решительна и снова проявляет большое сочувствие в обращении с экспонатами.
17. Если вы оказались на необитаемом острове, какие два предмета будут вам жизненно необходимы?
Я надеюсь, что мне также удастся взять с собой Библию и полное собрание сочинений Шекспира. Итак, по практическим соображениям мне нужен нож Боуи, чтобы резать и готовить еду, и кремень, чтобы разжечь огонь для приготовления пищи.
18. Любимые телепрограммы
Телевидение не мое любимое средство массовой информации. Мне очень нравятся программы, основанные на путешествиях и естественных науках. Новости и политические дебаты только потому, что я люблю кричать на телевизор. Любимые еженедельники — Countryfile и Gardeners World. Единственный сериал, который я смотрю, — «Улица Коронации». Насколько это печально? Никогда не смотрел «Большого брата» или какие-либо реалити-шоу. Все это должно быть так же интересно, как наблюдать за высыханием краски.
Зимний сезон вот-вот начнется, так что, надеюсь, появятся новые хорошие дорамы. Я не уверен, мой ли это возраст, но у большинства из них такая плохая дикция с актерами нового метода, что я быстро теряю сознание. Нет ничего хуже, чем постоянно акцентировать каждую строчку словами: «Что он сказал?»
В моей книге нельзя пропустить новую серию «Танцев со звездами». Единственным недостатком этого является напоминание о приближении Рождества… О, Jingle Bells!
19. Какой совет вы бы дали новичкам, которые только начинают проявлять себя.
Я хотел бы напомнить им, что все мы когда-то были новичками и что все, чего стоит ждать, требует времени, терпения и большой силы духа. Я бы посоветовал посмотреть и поговорить с людьми, добившимися успеха, и спросить их совета. Послушайте, другой вопрос, понравится ли этот совет. И учиться.
Изучите стандарт породы, заучите его наизусть. То, что вы не понимаете, поищите кого-нибудь, кто объяснит. Каждая собака, которую вы видите, пытается применить к ней этот стандарт. Да, тяжелый ход, но изучение стандарта и сопоставление его с собаками поможет вам понять. Прежде всего, не следуйте моде. Кобель-производитель, которого использовала г-жа XXXX и который стал победителем класса, может не подойти вашей суке.
Берегите выбранную породу, думайте о завтрашнем дне и будущем. Наши собаки от этого зависят
20. Если бы фея исполнила три желания, что бы ты пожелал?
Я бы хотела, чтобы эта фея посыпала всех этой волшебной пылью.
1. Воспитывать уважение и любовь ко всему живому.
2. В живом мире есть все необходимое для выживания. 3. А что касается меня, учитывая некоторые тревожные проблемы со здоровьем в последнее время, я бы хотел вернуть 25-летнее тело.
21. Как вы попали в «Кавальерс»?
Я почти с детства был рядом с собаками. Раньше у меня был свой желтый лабрадор.
Я переехала из одного большого дома, где жила с родителями, в дом поменьше, который был у нас с Деннисом. Когда мой лабрадор умер, мы захотели версию поменьше. Ну, по крайней мере, дружелюбная, милая спортивная собака. Мы нашли это у Кавалера. К сожалению, нашей первой была сука, выращенная на щенке Бленхейма, совершенно неправильная во всех отношениях, к тому же у нее были соскальзывающие коленные чашечки. Ее достоинствами были ее фантастический темперамент, дружелюбность, игривость и размер, соответствующий нашему образу жизни. Ну, мы не смогли остановиться на одном, поэтому нашли другого из выставочной линии. Мы сказали заводчику, что покажем это обнадеживающим, и не смогли отказаться от своего слова. Оторвавшись обеими ногами от земли, мы прыгнули и были поражены. За прошедшие годы мы добавили к нашим собакам не то, что когда-либо планировалось, но любой, кто занимается разведением и выставкой, наверняка поймет, как мимолетный интерес становится навязчивой идеей.
22. Где ты любишь отдыхать?
Благодаря нашему интересу к собакам, мы путешествовали довольно далеко: Новую Зеландию, Австралию, Америку и многие места Европы. Есть много мест, где я побывал и за пределами собак, и больше всего мне нравятся места в Италии и Сицилии. Так много всего интересного, история и великолепная погода. О, и еда!
23. Если бы вы могли пригласить на ужин кого-нибудь из прошлого или настоящего, кого бы вы хотели видеть за своим столом?
Вы можете рассмотреть знаменитостей и т. д.,

Первыми, кого пригласят мои покойные мама, папа и брат. Так много нужно сказать и наверстать упущенное.
Несколько лет назад нас с Деннисом пригласили на литературный обед в шикарном отеле Лондона, и мы весело и чудесно провели время. Встреча с замечательным рассказчиком, журналистом и телеведущим Джайлсом Брандретом. Такой знающий, полный бесполезной информации, но поистине замечательный персонаж. За тем же обедом мы также встретили очень забавную Пэм Айерс. Я уверен, она оставила бы нас плачущими от смеха.
24. Какие вещи тебя бесят.
Я могу смириться с большинством вещей, но у меня нет времени на людей, которые наиболее экономны в отношении истины.
Также абсолютно ненавижу плохие манеры в любой форме.
25. Как вы думаете, почему компания Leogem добилась успеха на протяжении многих лет?
Такой хороший вопрос, но не знаю, как на него ответить. Если мы добились успеха, то, полагаю, во многом это была удача. Любой желающий может вывести помет щенков. Механика проста: соедините двух желающих собак, и вот, через несколько недель у вас появятся щенки. Однако динамика этой связи – это совсем другое. Маркировка понравилась? Есть ли у них все необходимое: зубы, яички?
хорошее телосложение и темперамент, которые помогут им достичь вершины. Сколько раз люди выводили хороший помет, пытались в следующий раз сделать повтор, и появлялась целая кукушка.
Когда мы впервые начали заниматься породой еще в 1980 году, мы очень мало показывали на уровне чемпионатов, но проходили обучение на открытых выставках. Мы провели вязку, и нам повезло, что мы стали лучше той суки, с которой начали. И продолжил в том же духе.
Около 20 лет назад мы приложили больше усилий, чтобы действительно улучшить то, что у нас было. Мы участвовали в других выставках чемпионов и обнаружили, что можем сравниться с другими. Я подумал, как было бы здорово стать чемпионом, и на сегодняшний день у нас уже семь титулов. Полагаю, неплохо для хобби, когда мы буквально разводим помет для следующего поколения только тогда, когда хотим нового щенка. Я дал себе обещание, что буду стремиться вывести победителя Best in Show на престижной ежегодной выставке чемпионов клуба Cavalier и сделать то же самое с лучшим щенком. Это было достигнуто с помощью Leogem Renaissance и Leogem Ginestra, оба на одном и том же месте. день.
Следующей целью было выиграть звание Лучшего щенка породы на Crufts. Мы сделали это. Леогем Гинестра. Конечная цель заключалась в том, чтобы выиграть CC на Crufts. В этом 2022 году мы осуществили свою мечту и стали лучшими представителями породы и третьими в группе игрушек. С молодой сукой Бленхейм CH LEOGEM WINTER MELODY. Она никогда не видела выставочный ринг изнутри, пока ей не исполнилось всего две недели после 18-месячного возраста. Ковид не помог ни нам, ни бесчисленному множеству других молодых людей, но с надеждой и небольшой удачей мы по пути осуществили свои мечты.
Итак, оглядываясь назад, мы добились своего небольшого успеха.
Я почти не пошел в Крафтс в тот день, так как у нас была больная собака, которой требовалось круглосуточное лечение. Меня убедила Сандра Айрлэнд Могер, которая сказала: «Просто иди. Ты можешь пойти со мной. Я так рад, что сделал это.
Возможно, успех – это просто оказаться в нужном месте, в нужное время, с правильным судьей и правильной собакой.

Tina Homes​

Последнее редактирование:
1696188587811.png

Tina Homes

9 июль 2014 г. ·

Here's my attempt at Throwback Thursday taken approximately seventeen years ago. This time Dennis is behind the camera - hence lots of shadow. (I'm the real photographer!!!)

1697229946027.png

Dennis Homes

Tina went to the South Wales Championship Show yesterday but I had to stay home as we had no-one to look after our dogs. The judge was Leila Tarabad. Our Ch Leogem Winter Melody gained her 21st CC and went Best of Breed. Michelle Chapman and Tanya Ireland's Ch Ellemich American Express gained the dog CC, which is his 18th. Best Puppy was Helen Binns and Lorraine Long 's Arroline Kryptonite and they also gained Best Veteran with Arroline Phoenix. Well done to all the other winners.
(I'm sorry Helen that you are partially cut out of the photo but Kryptonite is there.

1697488748776.png

1697488769269.png

Dennis Homes

These two photos came up on Facebook Memories. They were from exactly six years ago at the Cavalier of the Year match. Ch Leogem Renaissance went Cavalier Puppy of the Year and his half sister Ch Leogem Ginestra went Reserve Best Puppy Bitch.

Dennis Homes

6 февраль ·

Last week (January 30th) it was 43 years since our first show Cavalier was born. We had bought a pet Cavalier the year before but this girl, Jellybank Sea Pearl, came from a show line. We only showed her at open shows, (which had huge entries back then) and she mainly got 3rds and 4ths in the classes. She is pictured left. On the right is her daughter, Leogem Tamarisk, from her first litter born in November 1981and from whom our line is descended.
1699482973935.png

1699482987515.png

1701033483665.png

Dennis Homes

1 д. ·

We went to the Midland Cavalier Club Championship Show today; a show we always enjoy. Although we entered Ch Leogem Winter Melody we were unable to take her as she came in season. However, we were so delighted that her younger half sister Leogem Campanula gained the Reserve CC.
Pictured here from left to right are Mary Cunningham with Revdvicki's Esther Verheyen, Best Puppy; Michael Levy with Fr Ch Roi-de-Coeur of Sevijeans at Pascavale, Best in Show; Judge Tracy Jackson; Tanya Ireland with Ch Ellemich American Express, Reserve Best in Show; Philip Lovel with Lovetrac Born to Boogie, Bitch CC; and Tina Homes with Leogem Campanula.

1704755273576.png

Paula Ayers(Brookhaven) came from Georgia in the USA to judge the Cavalier Club'sDecember Open show and the festive cheer was very apparent. Her top winners were...

Best In Show...LEOGEM RENAISSANCE JW 2017 год

1713305393541.png

2 д. ·

We had a great weekend with our Leogem Campanula (pet name Grace). On Saturday she gained the Reserve CC (her third) at the Eastern Counties CKCS Championship Show from judge Peter Towse. Then today she went Best in Show at the Midland CKCS Club Limited Show under judge Jennifer Nolan.
Pictured here from left to right is Campanula, judge Jennifer Nolan, Lucy Koster with Harana Now You Has Jazz who was both Best Puppy in Show and also Best Dog. Next is Marisa Colavecchia with ten and a half year old Carolus Miss Liberty who was Best Veteran in Show.

Верх Низ