Последнее редактирование:
1688935811999.png

1688935979576.png

1630371026913.png

Lorraine Hughes
29 августа, 20:08 ·

Ruby won her second CC at Driffield, her first at Paignton and was rescc Blackpool and E o e. she also has 7 res. Cc. Thanks to judge Wendy Waters. Well done Mark and Philip on BOB and BPIB too
1f970.png
2665.png
1f495.png

Ch.Kaishmar Kavanagh Loranka
1688936098127.png

1688936126976.png

Norma Inglis с Lorraine Hughes.​

5 октябрь 2022 г. ·

1f3bc.png
GETTING TO KNOW YOU
1f3bc.png

“The I’m Only Human Picture Show” competition that we took part in during lockdown, was really popular. It lightened our spirits and brought us closer together. We saw our global Facebook friends at different stages of their lives, we saw their knick knacks, their favourite holiday places, mugs, shoes and almost every other category under the sun. And what opportunities our judges were given
1f600.png
. They may not have aspired to award CCs but they rose to the challenge of judging misshapen fruit and vegetables
1f605.png

The interviews with Sir Dudley Forwood and Susan Burgess posted recently were also well received and many have asked for more of the same.
Thought I would fast forward to today and conduct interviews with people from the current Cavalier and Toy dog fanciers.
And get your own answers ready ….I could be calling on you next
1f605.png

I went to Welsh Wales for my next interview … yes you guessed it … LORANKA.
QUESTIONS
1. What is your full name?
Lorraine Hughes
2. Where were you born and tell us about your growing up? What was your first job. Brothers, sisters. What did you like to do as a child?
I was born in Enfield, Middlesex but when I was about a year old my parents moved to St Asaph in Wales and then aged 9 the family moved to Snowdonia where I still live. My father and his family were evacuated from Burma and he met my mum who lived in Enfield. They got married and came to Wales on their honeymoon and clearly loved it. My dad was a mechanic and owned his own garage. I have 1 brother and 4 sisters Andrew, Karen, Meryl, Maria and Diana and I am the second oldest. As children we held dog shows in the garden … at first with our stuffed toys then eventually with real dogs. We also played pretend horse riding. When I was 15 my dad bought me my own real pony. It was a birthday surprise on the day.
I met Eurwyn, my lovely husband when I sat next to him at primary school. We played together and fought with each other. We got married at 19 and not long afterwards I got a job in a Petrol Station. It didn’t last long and I was sacked after one day. I also looked after my Mum’s (Joyce Barton) dogs and eventually we would all go to dog shows.
3. If you could change places with someone for a day who would it be?
I would have loved to have been a nurse or a midwife. But to be honest my hubby, my kids Alex, Sarah and Jonathan, my grandkids, Trystan and Steffan and my dogs are all I need.
4. Your favourite food? Your favourite drink?
It doesn’t help my waistline but I love all the fattening stuff. Pizza. A mild curry. Fish n chips is my favourite takeaway. I drink lots of tea and Pepsi Max
5. Best Cavalier Dog and Best Cavalier Bitch you have bred?
In dogs it has to be CH LORANKA’S CELEBRATION who won 19CCs and 19RCCs.
In bitches the amazing, once in a lifetime Joint Breed record holder CH LORANKA’S SHERRIE BABY who amassed 44CCs and 35RCCs.
6. Your favourite perfume
There have been many but at the moment I love FEVER by JIMMY CHOO
7. Your own personal favourite LORANKA Cavalier over the years, not necessarily the best.
Seems a bit mean but there are always ones that get to you. My childhood Cavalier Willy who came to my wedding. Currently it is Ruby, who can twist me round her paw. CH LORANKA BEAUTIFUL MOMENTS
8. Of all the Cavaliers you have judged which one in your opinion best fits the Breed Standard
I would choose CH LEOGEM RENAISSANCE .
9. Your favourite movie? Favourite actor and favourite actress?
For years I loved watching THE TERMINATOR but I’ve mellowed a bit and now go more for a Xmas movie or a good love story.
ARNIE still gets my Oscar for Best Actor and I love JULIE ANDREWS so she would win Best Actress
10. Your funniest moment in dogs?
Well I would have to go with Veronica in Russia when a Blenheim marked circus pony trotted into the ring when she was judging. No one could believe their eyes. It was unforgettable and so funny. Veronica took it all in her stride.
1f601.png

11. Favourite singer and type of music?
When Eurwyn and I dated in the 70s we loved the music of that era. Lots of Motown and Disco. Still love it when it comes on the radio
12. Kind of car you travel to shows in?
We need a people carrier for all of us and the dogs. At present we have a Ford Tourneo.
13. Saddest moment in dogs?
When my childhood companion Willy died and then losing Holly… CH LORANKA’S MELTING MOMENTS.
14. The Cavalier dog/Cavalier bitch you wish you
had kept?
There have been many but Teddy …LORANKA’S DONT STOP ME NOW AT BANKHILL is one up in Scotland
15. What other pastimes do you enjoy?
Love Horses and riding. We still have one, 20 years old Gypsy
16. Your favourite judge?
It has to be one who likes my dogs
1f92a.png

17. If stranded on a desert island what 2 items would be vital?
I couldn’t be without my husband and my kids
18. Favourite TV programmes
I have many but try not to miss the soaps EMMERDALE and CORONATION STREET and am a fan of STRICTLY COME DANCING. If DAVID ATTENBOROUGH is on he outshines any soaps.
19. What piece of advice would you give newbies just starting to show?
Be sure to train your puppy well for the ring, you only have a short time to impress and always dress smartly
20. If a fairy granted you 3 wishes what would you wish for
1 Health and happiness for my family
2. Currently would love a cracking Blenheim dog puppy
3. To win more at shows
1f923.png

21. How did you become involved with cavaliers? How did you get to start showing?
I used to go along with my parents who showed. I was only 4 when I started. The Claydons with their Brymarden Cavaliers were one of the first I remember.
22. Where do you like to holiday?
We live in the most beautiful part of Wales so I don’t mind holidaying at home but I would love to go back to Florida to Disney World
23. If you could invite anyone from the past or the present to dinner who would you like around your table. You can consider celebrities etc.
I so admired our late Queen Elizabeth 11 who has met almost everyone and been almost everywhere. Would love to listen to her experiences
Norma Inglis so we could talk Cavaliers into the small hours
Elvis could be the cabaret
24. What kind of thing makes you mad?
I hate judges who lack integrity. Ones who chose people they know rather than the best dogs. We see too much of that. Good dogs getting overlooked and being beaten by inferior ones
When it rains in Wales, it rains
1f601.png
so wet dogs means a wet house
1f629.png
drives me crazy
25 What other breed appeals
I’ve had Golden Retrievers and showed them and I would have loved another. But now I feel too old.
26 Why do you think Loranka has been successful over many years?
I have tried to stick to a quality breeding program. I owe a great deal to other breeders who have helped me do this. I must mention my wonderful husband, Eurwyn, who is my world and drives me to all the shows. Without his help, the LORANKA success would not have happened.
LORRAINE HUGHES
Показать перевод
https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbi...2QWGbKxACikeaBxtmfbQ1t6gnURZyHzc&__tn__=*bH-R

https://www.facebook.com/photo/?fbi...2QWGbKxACikeaBxtmfbQ1t6gnURZyHzc&__tn__=*bH-R

_nc_ohc=zQdhAP27J6wAX-FUSp8&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.jpg

_nc_ohc=pLLroYQd4HoAX_I5ePe&_nc_ht=scontent-waw1-1.jpg
=AZX0RjNYM6w417bXqlZCtwicGPyiYAuak0ulwnMolYjiY9PtmiVJDEutBAZP5NEG18aH7LeMr2sfd4ynXK9oVyx6Me43JO1vbug2QWGbKxACikeaBxtmfbQ1t6gnURZyHzc&__tn__=*bH-R']

Вложения

• 1688998180342.png
    1688998180342.png
    552.8 КБ · Просмотры: 41
1695131840379.png

Ch Loranka's Touching Heaven

Ch Loranka's Just Like Heaven x Loranka's The Rose

Owned by Mrs L Hughes

CC Birmingham 2010 ~ Judge Mr E Paterson

CC Birmingham 2011 ~ Judge Mrs E Hurley

CC Darlington 2011 ~ Judge Mrs B Flavell

1695132260169.png