Модератор
Команда форума
Реакции
Имя
Тамара
Bonitos Companeros (Германия)

http://www.kirschbaum-cavaliere.de/cavaliere/frame_neu/cavalier_frame_eng.html

How I got to the Cavalier...

In the Kirschbaum family, animals always held an important place. When I was a child, I remember roaming among all kinds of pens where there were various kinds of poultry and birds, which were my first big passion.

Theere were our Toulouse Geese, for instance, which I kept after the example of the great behaviorist Konrad Lorenz and which thus became very tame. Rats and Rübe, these were their names, waited for me each afternoon at the garden fence, until they saw me come home from school and then rushed toward me to meet their “Mother goose, Markus”

Then there was Jacob the Magpie, which I saved from being shot. I got him as a small chick and raised him, and he for many years afterwards he tyrannised us with hiding things.
We also bred chickens and postal pigeons, the latter passion is still continued to this day by my brother in law, Frank. At this stage, I would also like to thank my parents who saw so many of our birds grow up under the Infrared light in their living room and had to bear them.

I was always fascinated by nature and what it does to procrastinate, which is one of the reasons I later chose the profession of gardener.

When my uncle Wolfgang brought his first tricolour dog to Germany from Scotland at the end of the 70ties, it was clear to me that I had also caught the cavalier virus. He simply called the dog “King” and that was what he was, too.

My dream of youth, the Cavalier virus, remained dormant inside me for 15 years and then it really broke out, which resulted in my first dogs coming from an old bloodline that is very similar to that of King.

This type of Cavalier was exactly the type I had envisioned for my future breeding endeavours.

To my great joy, I am finding out that our bitch "Lili", which stems of the line of PT Party Time of Homerbrent, I starting to look more and more like him with each passing day.

This fits the motto: if the prophet does not go to the mountain, then the mountain ...

What I want to say is this:

I struck lucky on two sides, for I also managed to make my other passion, dealing with people and plants, my profession:

I opened my own garden center in Remscheid-Lennep

Since 2009 much has happened - we moved bag and baggage and bought an old farmhouse in Reichshof Erdingen. Now with more than 4000 m2 garden we can live our dream of country life. My working home is now the Professional Gartencentercooperation Sagaflor "Bellandirs My Garden Center". Here I am appointed as Sales & Category Manager for more than 40 garden centers, what gives me great fun and gives me plenty of time for our wonderful hobby Bonitos Companeros.

Wie der Zufall so spielte lernte ich meinen jetzigen Freund & Lebenspartner Klaus auch in der Cavalier Welt kennen. Klaus ist auch schon seit seinem 15 Lebensjahr mit dem Cavalier Virus verfallen. Vor allem das Ausstellungswesen ist seine große Passion.Seit 2003 teilen wir uns nun diese Passion für die beiden Zwergspanielrassen Cavalier King Charles und dem King Charles Spaniel.Klaus hat durch seine Lebständigkeit das grosse Glück seine Arbeit zu Hause bei uns erleigen zu können. As luck played I met my current boyfriend and life partner Klaus in the Cavalier world. Klaus was also infected with the "Cavalier virus" since his 15th birthdays. Above all, showing our dogs is his passion. Since 2003, we now share our passion for both toyspaniel breeds - the Cavalier King Charles spaniels as well as the King Charles Spaniel. Luckily Klaus can work at home and has plenty of time for taking good care of our doggies.

hat excellent mixture is a very good foundation for the kennel of the beautiful companions - Bonitos Companeros

We have moved to a new home !

We made our lifelong dream come true and bought a small farm in the countryside - no neighbors in a secluded location near the forest in the beautiful health-resort Erdingen.
The year 2011 started for us already in our new home and we are looking forward to a new step in our life.

Here are some impressions of our little Companeros-Farm:

Now we are looking forward to spring time when the nature is coming back to green and the flavour of grass is waking us each morning

Amagedon – the end of the world. I must admit that’s taking matters a bit far but it is king-like!!!

There were dramatic happenings on that frosty February morning on the A 3 motorway near Cologne inside our Audi A3 … our new little kennel threatened to come to an end…

But first I must report, we seemed to have made it and the long time of preparing for our own kennel seemed to have come to an end.

I had been able to convince my family in supporting me when turning the dream of my youth into reality, I was able to unite job and hobby in a good manner for the Cavaliers simply came along to work with me.

The allergy test had been passed and nothing seemed to stand in our way anymore!!!

At last, I had been able to collect my long-desired Tricolor bitch „Lilli“ at the age of 11 weeks, from a very experienced breeder in the Sauerland region and take her home to the Kirschbaum family.

A beautiful time of preparing for a healthy breeding dog with strong character was on its way.

For me, it is important that the dogs become part of the family life and so I went to a puppy school with Lilli, or rather, we attended the puppy play group in a local dog school.

I can only advise any Cavalier owner to attend these kin of schools. It pays off in the course of the life together of man and dog and also of dog and dog.

Time went by and as it passed it became clear to me that we wouldn’t remain restricted to one Cavalier King Charles Spaniel, so Fina arrived, a Blenheim bitch who also happened to be a cousin of Lili.

Now everyone in the family began to realize that this would grow into a kennel eventually. The time had come to look for a suitable club inside the VDH and to decide on the optimum goals for breeding.

In our mind it was clear to breed only in a VDH-associated kennel club. The VDH is a kennel club where the breeding dogs get a special protection. You have to fullfit specific requirements in health, in the breeder hisselves and in the doggy-rooms as well.

We meet all this conditions and we are members and breeders of the German Cavalier Club e.V. CCD

What followed were a number of breeding admission exams for my bitches, which they both passed without restrictions.

So, I was finally ready to start!!!!

In the meantime, we had also decided on a name for our kennel and registered it with the VDH International. The name expresses for me the essentials of the breed of Cavalier King Charles Spaniel:

*** Bonitos Companeros, beautiful companions ***

Now I just had to wait until the bitches came into heat ...

In the meantime, I had looked around for a suitable dog that would fit well into my breeding programme and one that had caught my eye was Ch. Pamedna Waterloo.

The heat came, the dates for covering the bitches were made with the owner of the stud dog, and then things happened very fast. Pamedna Waterloo lived up to his reputation of being an experienced breeding dog and this was another part in the breeding puzzle that happened very quickly.

But then there came he wait .... 9 long weeks!!!

Impatient people like myself get antsy half-way through. So in the 4th week we went for an ultrasound. Everything seemed to be all right. Lili had all the symptoms that a pregnant dog should display and I just wanted it confirmed. But my vet looked on with a worried look as he did the ultrasound and I could make out the strangest shapes on the screen. Bladder filled well, kidneys and liver in great condition but Lili was not pregnant …

That was precisely what I didn’t want to hear, I couldn’t believe it – all the right signs and for nothing???!!! So I could kiss goodbye my litter dreams for the next 6 months.

And this is where the story continues that took place that frosty February morning:

The 8 weeks were almost over when our Tricolor both had a massive phantom pregnancy. Within 1 week, Lili’s milk shot in and our breeder colleagues and mentor all confirmed that this is normal, yes,that she could even have contractions because the hormones were all upside down.

That was a great view of the future days to come, I thought sourly and even got myself a homeopathic medicine that is being used by breeders to support Lili a little bit and be able to do anything at all.

Then came the signs we had feared!!! Lili began panting in the middle of the night.

I decided to drive her to the vet clinic and have an X-ray done, just to make sure that nothing bad could happen.

Outside, it was very cold, -8 degrees Celsius, which is really very cold for Cologne.

I had driven on the motorway for about half an hour when Lili gave a brief yelp and suddenly there was a little blenheim puppy, which came into the world right there in our A3, on the A3 motorway while we are travelling at a speed of 160km/hour.

Now we had to act fast.
The heater in the Audi did its best, and via cell phone we arranged for an emergency bedding.
At the soft shoulder of the A3, I cut the umbilical cord and christened the little dog "Amagedon".

I don’t think we will ever get bored here at the Bonitos Companeros Kennel!

Our Don (this is how we call Amagedon in our family) is now living in the house of our friends Manfred and Beate. Together we bought a big house in the countryside for living our dream to live a life with our dogs. Now we are able to meet our neighbour Don, the "Firstborn", every day ...

Keep watching this space, for we will update it with further news from Don....

Breeding Goals

Goals mean: to start off with things you have put into your mind you want to achieve.

Since there are many different goals in the world of dog breeding, and many different ways of getting there, I want to provide a brief insight here what the “Beautiful Companions“ – Bonitos Companeros – have set for themselves as goals.

First of all, I want to mention the issue of enjoying being around the creature. In order to ensure that both the human and hence life partner of the dog, as well as the Cavalier, enjoy a high quality of life, it is important that the dogs are innately of good health.

This is why I decided to build my breeding stock from an old and tried line that has been passing on good health and strong character for over three decades and has been undergoing a stringent selection process for these traits. Many relatives and ancestors are still alive at the old age of 14 and are in good health even then. Our breeding stock all undergo regular veterinary checks. A special chapter here is dedicated to a healthy heart. Our dogs participate in a long-term pilot project under the auspices of Mr Hagel/Hannover University Veterinary School. This pilot project relies on a dual ultrasound exam in order to examine especially the mitral valve for certain defects, the so-called Mitral Valve deficiency.

Since our breeding stock, as I have already mentioned, are checked for heart deseases before breeding with them, it is very important from a breeders’ point of view to continue with this process. Only healthy Cavaliers are used for breeding.

But we are not only concentration of the heart of our cavaliers. There are more health problems that we are checking here at Bonitos Companeros that are lying hidden in the genes of our beloved breed and other breeds as well.

I am talking about the so-called „phantom scratching“, Syringomyelia, known among humans as the Arnold-Chiarie-Syndrome.
It is a challenge for responsible breeders to not only recognize this genetic defect but also to weed it out as much as possible.

What exactly is this „phantom scratching“?

Many Cavalier fans, as well as newly interested persons in the breed, have been asking us this question lately, and they are seeking answers, and rightly so. I thus want to briefly outline the symptoms, because it is important to me to set out the classical signs, as normal dog scratching has nothing to do with this genetic defect, which is abbreviated as “Syri”.

The most important symptom is that it is really a type of phantom scratching, meaning that the dogs do not actually touch themselves with their paws but scratch in the air. Hence, typical dog scratching must not be misinterpreted as “phantom scratching”.

During the attack, the entire dog looks very tense. The attacks rarely happen without provocation but mainly during times of stress such as when playing or periods of great joy. It is especially strong also when the dog is put on a leash, which is when symptoms worsen. This type of nerve reaction can also be brought about through massaging or petting in the neck region, precisely where a normal dog collar is located.

Before this noble breed of ours, which has made it all the way from the 15th century into our modern time, is pushed into a corner where it definately does not belong, we are being called upon as breeders.

There is definitely a need for clear information. If we look at the genetic defect in terms of the overall population, we can see that in its worst form it only appears in about 1.5% of dogs. While this may not be a reason to breathe easy, it is also not a reason for panicking out of control.

Our breed association, the CCD e.V. has included this disease into its health check index. This index means that also other diseases, such as heart valve insufficiency or patella luxation, have been reduced to a minimum in the past years through a careful breeding selection proves and examination that are mandatory from the side of the breeding association.

As a result the deseases - for example heart or patella luxation - were reduced to a healthy level.

What exactly does this mean?

Since the CCD now also has included Syringomyelia into its selection criteria, all known dogs are being marked accordingly, so that the breeders are informed when it comes to influencing the passing on of this genetic disease in terms of their paring selection.

This is a very important aspect for our Cavalier King Charles Spaniel breed.

I hope to have broken a bit through the tabu zone of that subject for us breeders. We, here at „Bonitos Companeros“ inform our puppy buyers.

In summing up, I would like to emphasize that we are not hysterical by any stretch of the imagination! Being informed is still the best method to solve a problem. With our voluntary selection process, we are on a good path.

Our litter planning process is always based on the background that we strive to keep undesired genetic factors, such as heart problems or Syringomyelia, as small as possible. I am more than prepared for this.

continue

А смысл выкидывать статью без перевода? Мало кто ее прочитает

Таня, я все статьи перевожу, но по мере наличия свободного времени. Хочешь - помоги с переводом. Английский в школе учила?

Итак, начинаю потихоньку переводить.....

Bonitos Companeros (Германия)

Как я получил первого Кавалера

В семье Kirschbaum животные всегда занимали особое место. Когда я был ребенком, я любил бродить по ферме, где было много разных видов домашней птицы, и птицы были первым моим увлечением (большой страстью). Там были, например, Тулузские гуси, которых я держал по примеру великого Конрада Лоренца, которые были совсем ручными и не боялись людей. Rats и Rübe (так их звали) ждали меня каждый день у забора в саду, пока не замечали меня, возвращающегося из школы, а затем бросались ко мне, чтобы встретить их "маму-гусыню Markus". :hah:
Потом был Jacob the Magpie, которого я спас от расстрела. Я получил его маленьким цыпленком, вырастил его, и он в течение многих лет после этого тиранил нас ( у него была привычка прятать наши вещи).

Мы также разводили кур и почтовых голубей. Мой шурин Frank продолжает по сей день разводить почтовых голубей. На данном этапе я также хотел бы поблагодарить своих родителей, которые так много наших птиц, выращивали их под инфракрасной лампой в гостиной и должны были терпеть их.
Я всегда был очарован природой и это является одной из причин, по которой я выбрал профессию садовника.

Когда мой дядя Wolfgang привез в Греманию из Шотландии первого триколорного мальчика породы Кавалер в конце 70-х годов, я понял, что поймал вирус под названием "Кавалер". Он назвал его просто “King” (Король), что полностью ему соответствовало.

Моя мечта молодости, "вирус Кавалера" находился в спячке (бездействовал) в течение 15 лет, а затем вспыхнул с новой силой, в результате чего у моих первых собак в родословных были собаки старого типа, очень похожие на Kingа. Это был тот тип Кавалера, который я видел для начала селекционной работы (для программы разведения).
К своей великой радости я обнаружил, что наша сука "Lili" происходит из линии PT Party Time of Homerbrent, и я ищу похожие линии все больше и больше...
Мне поразительно повезло с двух сторон: я выбрал своей профессией работу с растениями и людьми...
Я открыл свой собственный садовый центр в Remscheid-Lennep
Это место ,где я могу объединит свою работу и свое второе хобби : я просто взял собак с собой.
Кавалеры хорошо известны нашим клиентам, и наши сотрудники также полны энтузиазма.

С 2009 года произошло много событий: мы переехали в стары дом в Reichshof Erdingen. Теперь у нас более 40000 квадратных метров земли и мы можем осуществить свою мечту о сельской жизни. Мой рабочий дом теперь Gartencentercooperation Sagaflor "Bellandirs My Garden Center". Здесь я занимаю должность менеджера по продажам для более чем 40 садовых центров, что дает мне большое удовольствие и дает мне достаточно времени для нашего замечательного хобби Bonitos Companeros.

По счастливой случайности я встретил своего друга и партнера в мире Кавалеров Klaus, который также заражен "вирусом Кавалеров" со своего 15-летия. Прежде всего, выставлять наших собак - это его страсть. С 2003 года, мы разделяем нашу страсть для обе породы той-спаниелей: Кавалер Кинг Чарльз, а также Кинг Чарльз спаниелей. К счастью Клаус можете работать на дому и имеет много времени для хороший уход за нашими собаками.

Это превосходное сочетание является хорошей основой питомника красивейших компаньонов - Bonitos Companeros

Последнее редактирование:
Мы переехали в новый дом!

Сбылась наша заветная мечта, и мы купили небольшую ферму в сельской местности - без соседей в уединенном месте недалеко от леса в живописной курортной местности Erdingen. 2011 году начался для нас уже в нашем новом доме, и мы с нетерпением ждем новый шаг в нашей жизни.

Вот некоторые впечатления от нашей маленькой Companeros-фермы :

RX3vnkwJ.jpg

RX3vnkwK.jpg

Вокруг только природа!

RX3vnkwL.jpg

RX3vnkwM.jpg

И много снега этой зимой! Собакам очень нравится!

RX3vnkwN.jpg

[update]
Мы с нетерпением ждем, когда все вокруг зазеленеет и мы будет просыпаться , ощущая аромат травы каждое утро.

RX3vnkwO.jpg

RX3vnkwP.jpg

[update]
Amagedon - первый щенок, родившийся в питомнике Bonitos Companeros.

История создания имени Amagedon A3

Amagedon - это конец света. Но должен признать, что начал из далека. Были драматические события этим морозным февральским утром на автостраде 3 недалеко от Кельна внутри нашей Audi A3 ... нашему новому маленькому питомнику угрожал конец ...
Но сначала должен сообщить, что долгое время подготовки нашего собственного питомника, казалось подошло к завершению.
Я был в состоянии убедить мою семью поддержать меня при воплощении мечты моей юности в реальность, я хорошо смог объединить работу и хобби. Кавалеры просто пришли работать со мной.

RX3vnkwR.jpg

Охрана сейфа

Тест на аллергию был принят и ничто, казалось,не стояло больше на нашем пути. Наконец я мог получить свою долгожданную триколорную суку „Lilli“ в возрасте 11 недель от опытного заводчика в регионе Sauerland region и забрать ее домой в семью Kirschbaum. Прекрасное время подготовки к разведению здоровых собак с сильным характером - был наш путь.

Для меня важно, чтобы собаки стали частью семейной жизни, и поэтому я пошел в школу для щенков с Лилли, вернее, мы посетили занятия в группе для щенков в местной школе для собак. Могу только посоветовать любому владельцу Кавалера посетить такого рода школу. Это окупается при совместной жизни мужчины и собаки, а также при общении собак друг с другом.
Время шло, и вскоре мы поняли, что не можем ограничиться только одним Кавалером, так у нас появилась Fina, которая оказалась кузиной Lili. Теперь все начали понимать, что это в конце концов перерастет в питомник. ПРишло время подходящего клуба внутри VDH и определения целей разведения.
Мы поняли, что разведением собак нужно заниматься только в VDH - ассоциированном клубе собаководства, где разведение собак идет под защитой и контролем. Вы должны пройти полное обследование по соответствию конкретным требованиям по условиям содержания собак как в доме заводчика, так и в комнатах, где содержатся собаки.
Наши условия удовлетворяют все этим требованиям, и мы являемся членами и заводчиками немецкого клуба Cavalier Club e.V. CCD. Далее последовали ряд экзаменов для моих сук, позволяющих использовать их в разведении, которые они прошли без ограничений.
Итак, я готов был начать!!!

[update]
В это же время мы определились с именем для нашего питомника и зарегистрировали его в VDH International. Название должно было в первую очередь выражать особенность породы Кавалер Кинг Чарльз спаниель. Поэтому выбрали "Bonitos Companeros" - прекрасные компаньоны.

Теперь я должен был просто ждать, пока вырастут суки. В то же время я искал подходящего кобеля, который бы хорошо соответствовал моей программе разведения и мне попался на глаза Ch. Pamedna Waterloo.

RX3vnkwW.jpg

Ch. Pamedna Waterloo

Подошло время, с владельцем кобеля были согласованы дату вязки, тогда все это произошло очень быстро. Pamedna Waterloo имел репутацию опытного кобеля-производителя.
Но потом пришлось ждать... целых 9 длинных недель!!!

RX3vnkx0.jpg

Нетерпеливые люди, как я, очень нетерпеливы на полпути. Поэтому на 4-й неделе мы пошли на УЗИ. Казалось бы, все должно быть в порядке. У Лили были все симптомы, что она беременна и я просто хотел это подтвердить. Но мой ветеринар смотрел с озабоченным видом, как делали УЗИ и я мог разобрать самые странные формы на экране. Мочевой пузырь заполнен, почки и печень в отличном состоянии, но Лили не была беременна ...
Это было именно то, что я не хотел слышать, я не мог в это поверить. Все признаки беременности были налицо и что?... Так я распрощался с мечтой о щенках в течение следующих 6 месяцев.

[update]
И вот тут продолжение истории, которая состоялась морозным февральским утром.....
К концу 8 недели обе наши триколорки имели сильные признаки беременности. В течение недели у Лили появилось молоко, но наши заводчики и коллеги подтвердили, что это нормально. Что даже могут быть схватки, поскольку изменился гормональный фон. Этот взгляд отличался от событий будущих дней. меня посещали мрачные мысли и я даже взял гомеопатическое средство, которое используют заводчики, чтобы немного поддержать Лили и быть в состоянии сделать хоть что-то.
Потом появились признаки, которых мы боялись. Лили стала тяжело дышать в середине ночи. Я решил отвезти ее в ветеринарную клинику и сделать рентгеновский снимок, просто чтобы убедиться, что ничего плохого не может случиться.
На улице было очень холодно, -8 градусов по Цельсию, что является действительно очень холодно для Кельна.
Я ехал на автомагистрали около получаса, когда Лили издала краткий визг и это был маленький бленхейм- щенок, который пришел в мир тут же в нашем A3, на автомагистрали A3 в то время как мы мчались со скоростью 160 км / час.

Теперь мы должны были действовать быстро.

Мы включили обогреватель в Ауди и по мобильному телефону договорились об экстренных постельных принадлежностях. Я перерезал пуповину и окрестили собачку "Amagedon". Я не думаю, что мы когда-нибудь будем скучать в питомнике Bonitos Companeros!

RX3vnkx2.jpg
RX3vnkx1.jpg

Наш Дон (это, как мы называем Amagedon в нашей семье) теперь живет в доме наших друзей Манфред и Беате. Вместе мы купили большой дом в сельской местности для осуществления нашей мечты: прожить жизнь с нашими собаками. Теперь мы в состоянии встречать своего соседа Дона, "Первенца", каждый день ...

RX3vnkx3.jpg

Лили и Дон

Последнее редактирование модератором:
Цели разведения

Поскольку существует много различных целей в мире собаководства, и много различных способов этого добиться, я хочу дать краткое представление здесь о том, что “Beautiful Companions“ - Bonitos Companeros - поставили перед собой в качестве цели.
Прежде всего я хочу отметить, что получение потомства приносит удовольствие. Однако в целях обеспечения высокого качества жизни как для человека, так и для его спутника жизни собаки (Кавалера) важно, чтобы собаки обладали хорошим врожденным здоровьем.

RX3vnkxm.jpg

Вот почему я решил построить свое племенное поголовье на племенных собаках старого типа и попытался создать линии с хорошим здоровьем, сильным характером и в течение более трех десятилетий производится строгий отбор по этим признакам. Многие родственники и предки даже в возрасте 14 лет находятся в добром здравии. Полученное поголовье нашего разведения регулярно проходит ветеринарный контроль. Отдельная тема посвящена здоровому сердцу. Наши собаки участвуют в долгосрочном проекте под эгидой Mr Hagel (Ганноверский ветеринарный университет) - Hannover University Veterinary School. Этот пилотный проект опирается на двойное ультразвуковое исследование с целью изучения особенно митрального клапана для определенных дефектов, так называемого дефицита митрального клапана.

Так как наше племенное поголовье, как я уже говорил, проверяется на наличие заболеваний сердца до вязки, что очень важно с точки зрения заводчиков, чтобы продолжить этот процесс. Только здоровые Кавалеры используются для разведения.

Но мы не только концентрируемся на здоровом сердце наших Кавалеров, Есть большие проблемы со здоровьем, которые лежат в генах нашей любимой породы и других пород, поэтому в Bonitos Companeros мы проверяем наших собак и по этим вопросам.
Я говорю о так называемой Syringomyelia, (Сирингомиелии) , известной у людей как синдром Arnold-Chiarie. Это вызов для ответственных заводчиков, чтобы не только признать это генетический дефект, но и искоренить его в породе.

Подводя итоги, я хотел бы подчеркнуть, что мы не в истерике от увеличенного воображения! Получение информации по-прежнему лучший способ решить проблему. С нашим добровольным процессом отбора, мы находимся на правильном пути.

Наш процесс планирования щенков основан на том, что мы стремимся как можно меньше сохранить в породе нежелательные генетические факторы, такие как проблемы с сердцем или Сирингомиелию, Я более чем готов к этому.

Интервью с Kirschbaum, одним из заводчиков питомника Bonitos Companeros

In our interview with the reknown magazine "The Dog" you have got to know us and our passion for thr royal companions. Our intentions and attitude to both breeds is identical. In the spirit of these Royal breeds, or as the magazine stated:

All bow to the Royals

?der Hund: What do you find so fascinating about this breed and what made you choose them in the first place?
Kirschbaum:
The origins – as so often is the case – can be traced back to my childhood. We always had a CKCS in our family and that must be the reason for my enduring love affair with the royal companion. My love of this breed has lasted for a good 25 years so far and I am quite sure that it was not just fate when I met my partner, Klaus Vorderstraße. He, too, had been a dedicated fan of the Cavalier and Charlie for a long time and had participated successfully in international exhibitions.

The Cavalier and Charlie are true companions – that’s what we find so fascinating about them. They are loyal, friendly dogs, with a steady, even temperament, lacking any aggressive traits, the Cavalier has been chosen by English kings for precisely these reasons for well over 600 years now.

The Cavalier and Charlie makes are good companions for the young as well as the old. A lively, active dog, who is also comfortable with a slower pace. His charm and aristocratic appearance as well as his gentle gaze are what we admire and love. Additionally, the Cavalier and the Charlie has an inherent, natural mental strength, which makes her an ideal dog for the elderly or for the disabled.

His moderate size and weight makes him suitable for somewhat more demanding dog sport, especially agility competition.

This versatile breed shows four different colours:

Blenheim – brown and white
Tricolore – brown, white and black
Ruby – solid chestnut red
Black and Tan – solid black with chestnut markings
Every dog-lover is bound to find his favourite colour here. We ourselves are intrigued by all four colour combinations and breed them all.

?der Hund: The step from owner to breeder – what made you take it?
Kirschbaum:
My family’s love of nature definitely left its’ mark on me: I grew up with animals and I was lucky in that my parents were always very tolerant of my hobbies and supported me with infinite patience.

Blenheim Cavalier „Sein Charme, seine aristokratische Erscheinung sowie sein sanfter, weicher Blick faszinieren uns jeden Tag aufs neue“, so die Cavalier- Kenner.
Just barely 12 years old, I was passionately engaged in breeding and raising fowl. Thus our farm was full of carrier pigeons, Toulouse geese and other birds. Furthermore, I was able to realize my dream of becoming a gardener and in the plant world, cultivating and reproduction is daily business.

Another contributing factor is that I became self-employed and opened my own garden center. I was able to take advantage of the flexibility that an owner can enjoy when the dogs needed me. Time is a critical factor in breeding, as well as having a partner who follows the same ideals as oneself. Klaus and I complement each other here perfectly. He is also focussed on our breeding business. Additionally, he owns a dog salon and can take care of the needs of our dogs. A lucky combination with a good base of knowledge and skills!

?der Hund: Do you still remember well your first litter as a breeder?
Kirschbaum:
Of course! It was sensational! There was all that excitement and surprise. Our dog, Lili, was not supposed to have puppies. With great expectations, I took her to our vet, for an ultrasound exam, only to learn that everything was fine. However, the ultrasound exam showed Lili was not expecting. Deeply disappointed, of course, I returned home and put away my hopes along with the freshly constructed puppy box for the next 6 months. The next weeks flew by. Lili was in good spirits and looking to play, as always. But then there came a winter, when she refused to go jogging with me. My dog began to sniff and scratch in the corners and make herself a bed. I thought to my self, “Well, this is a mock pregnancy straight out of the textbook!” So I wasn’t concerned, until in the middle of the night, her waters broke! That’s when I decided to get to the bottom of this “mock pregnancy.” I put Lili in the car and drove to the animal clinic. On the way to the clinic, as we were driving down the autobahn, a Blenheim-coloured puppy was born. After this spectacular event, we named him Armageddon. And he was one that we never could let go – our “Don” still lives with us today.

?der Hund: In your opinion, what are the most important personal traits that a successful breeder needs?
Kirschbaum:
We, that is Klaus and I, feel very strongly that the most important characteristic trait is a deep love of animals. As a good breeder, you also need a strong sense of responsibility, for your animals first and then especially for the coming generations.
Blenheim Cavalier Rüde „Pascavale Tyler“, Stammvater einiger „Bonitos Companeros“, gewann viele Titel auf nationalen und internationalen Ausstellungen.
Good breeders for us are those who look and think ahead. Good health should not be placed second to aesthetics. A good breeder has a goal in mind and should not be focussed on propagation but on maintaining and developing the particular breed.

Another important factor is that so-called hobby breeding requires huge amounts of your free time. Responsible upbringing of puppies takes uncounted hours, also at night.

?der Hund: Which breeder philosophy or motto would you ask first time breeders to take to heart?
Kirschbaum:
It is especially important for first time breeders to take enough time to inform themselves well and learn everything they can. We recommend finding and visiting an existing breeder and even visiting the country in which the breed originates, to gain impressions about the origin and development. And then it is up to each person to draw his own conclusions and go his own way. What we mean by that is that each breeder should maintain the breeding standards. These are dictated by the FCI and are the heart of dog breeding. However, it is always the breeder himself, who has the influence on how his breeding develops. There should always be a possibility, some leeway, to develop your own strain.

?der Hund: What criteria do you go by when you chose new owners for your puppies?
Kirschbaum:
As it often is in dog breeding, the choice of new owner for a dog is based to a large degree on a good sense of people. The so-called gut-feeling is usually ultimately the deciding factor. There really isn’t a golden rule by which it is possible to determine the perfect new family for a dog. None of us are capable of looking into someone else’s heart. We spend a lot of time with prospective owners, answering their questions. This way, we get a good sense of the person or the family in question. Keeping in touch after a puppy has been placed in a new family is mandatory for us.

We are always very curious to see how our little ones turn out. It is a joy to hear how they are doing and then be able to utilize that information for our future breeding strategy. We deliver some of our puppies directly to their new home. It’s a good feeling to know where the puppies will be living.

?der Hund: How important are shows for you?
Kirschbaum:
Show are very important for us. Each evaluation is a momentary and subjective opinion of one individual judge, to be sure. Precisely these factors are of great importance for breeders like us. An evaluation at a show is comparable to holding up a mirror to the breeder and his work. An open and self critical breeder can gain much from the evaluation of a judge who is specialized in the breed and has broad experience. Show are often criticized as being a place of vanities, yet they are the place where it is possible to compare and check how well one is doing individually, as well as see how the breed is developing in general. A show is a good place to see the qualities and characteristics of the breed first-hand and possibly even find a male for starting up a new pedigree line.

The greatest successes Dogs owned by the breeder partnership won titles in the following categories in 2004 and 2005:
International Champion, German Champion, Austrian Youth Champion, Austrian Champion, VDH Champion, German Champion VK as well as German Youth Champion (twice) and European Youth Champion.
The 12-year old male, Immenhofs Klassiker, was VDH Champion three years in a row (1999, 2000, 2001) and has not been beaten yet. He also won Best in Show at the VDH German Breeder Show as the most attractive of 6000 dogs.
It is essential for us to travel to Great Britain, the country of origin for Cavaliers, several times a year. On one hand, we keep in touch with associates, on other hand we participate in shows.

We must admit that the shows have a certain “addiction potential” for us. Since our recent national and international successes, we have become determined to achieve similar success at future shows. (See box.)

?der Hund: What was your best and your worst experience during your career as a breeder?
Kirschbaum:
here are ups and downs for every breeder. But one experience, where joy and sorrow are very close, is the birth of our puppies. It is always very exciting, sometimes frustrating or sad. And every time it’s different!

?der Hund: Which canine book or journal has been especially helpful to you?
Kirschbaum:
There are so many good books that we have on our shelves, it’s almost impossible to choose just one. A good balance is what’s best! From genetic theory to homeopathy, we have the whole range but there is one book that I would like to stress, although it is older: “Review of Modern Dog Breeding” by Hans Räber (Paul Haupt-Verlag) This book is a gem in showing and describing how to breed dogs responsibly. I still have moments when I reach for this book and refer to it for advice.

?der Hund: Is there a dog expert that you would like to spend an evening “talking shop” with?
Kirschbaum:
As I said, we are very lucky in that we have contacts in England to breeders with over 30 years of experience. Spending an evening with these friends, experts that they are, is like reading an encyclopaedia about Cavaliers and Charlies.But if we had one wish free, we would love to spend an evening with the very first breeder, a certain Mrs. Pitt. We would ask her “So, are you happy with how the modern day Cavalier has turned out?”

Перевод будет, но чуть позднее....

В интервью, проводимым известным кинологическим журналом "der Hund" вы узнали про нас и нашей страсти к Королевским компаньонам (Кавалерам и Кинг Чарльз спаниелям). Наше отношение и намерения в отношении обоих пород идентичны. В духе этих королевских пород, или как заявил журнал: Все поклоняются королевской семье

далее приводим интервью:

der Hund:: Что вы нашли настолько захватывающего в этих породах, что заставило вас выбрать именно их?

Kirschbaum: Истоки, как это часто бывает, уходят в детство. У нас в семье всегда били Кавалер Кинг Чарльз спаниели, что и послужило причиной непреходящей любви (прочного романа) к королевским компаньонам. Моя любовь к этой породе уже длится добрый 25 лет, и я совершенно уверен, что это была не просто судьба, когда я встретил моего партнера Klaus Vorderstraße. Он тоже был преданным поклонником и кавалеров и Чарли в течение длительного времени и успешно участвовал в международных выставках.
Кавалер и Чарли - преданные спутники, и это то, что наиболее привлекает к ним. Они верные дружелюбные собаки, с устойчивым, уравновешенным темпераментом, не имеющие никаких агрессивных черт, Кавалер стал выбором английских королей именно по этим причинам в течение более 600 лет.

Кавалер и Чарли хорошие компаньоны как для молодежи, так и для пожилых людей. Живая, активная собака, с которой также комфортно и спокойным людям. Его обаяние и аристократический вид, а также его нежный взгляд - это то, чем мы восхищаемся и за что любим. Кроме того, Кавалер и Чарли имеет неотъемлемое, естественное душевные силы, что делает ее идеальной собакой для пожилых людей или для инвалидов.

Его небольшие размеры и вес делают их подходящими для нескольких видов собачьего спорта, например, аджилити.
У этой универсальной породы 4 основных окраса:
Бленхейм - коричневый с белым
Триколор - коричневый, белый и черный
Рубин - сплошные каштаново-рыжие
Черно-подпалый - сплошной черный с каштановыми отметинами.
Поклонники этой породы обязательно найдут свой любимый окрас. Нам самим нравятся все четыре окраса, и мы разводим их все.

[update]
der Hund: Шаг от владельца к заводчику, что заставило вас сделать это?

Kirschbaum: Моя семья любила природу и это определенно оставило свой ​​«след на мне": я вырос с животными и мне повезло в том, что мои родители были всегда очень терпимы к моим хобби и поддерживал меня с бесконечным терпением.
Едва мне исполнилось 12 лет, я был страстно увлечен разведением и выращиванием птицы. Так, наша ферма была полна почтовых голубей, Тулузских гусей и другой птицей. Кроме того, я смог реализовать свою мечту стать садовником, и в мире растений культивирование и репродукция - это мой ежедневный бизнес.

Еще одним фактором явилось то, что я занимаюсь индивидуальной трудовой деятельностью и открыл собственный садовый центр. Я был в состоянии воспользоваться преимуществами того, что я владелец (и гибко использовать свое время), когда собак нуждались во мне. Время является критическим фактором в селекции, а также иметь партнера, у которого те же идеалы, что и у тебя. Klaus и я отлично дополняем друг друга. Он также сосредоточен на нашем племенном деле. Кроме того, он владелец салона для собак и он может о них позаботиться. Удачное сочетание хорошей базы знаний и опыта!

[update]
der Hund: Вы еще помните свой первый помет в качестве заводчика?

Kirschbaum: Конечно! Это было сенсационным! Был все, что волнение и удивление. У нашей собаки Лили была ложная беременность. Мы сделали ей ультразвуковой обследование в ветеринарной клинике и оно показало, что Лили щенков не ожидает. Глубоко разочарованный, я вернулся домой и спрятал свои надежды на щенков подальше на 6 месяцев. Следующие недели пролетели. Лили была в отличной настроении, хорошо выглядела и играла, как всегда. Но когда пришла зима, она отказалась бегать со мной. Моя собака начала нюхать, скрести в углах и делать себе логово. Я подумал: это ложная беременность. Прямо как из учебника. Так что я не был обеспокоен, пока среди ночи у нее не отошли воды. Вот тогда я и решил добраться до сути этой «ложной беременности». Я положил Лили в машину и поехал в клинику для животных. По дороге в клинику, когда мы ехали по автостраде, родился щенок окраса бленхейм. После этого зрелищного мероприятия, мы назвали его Армагеддон. И эй, что никто не сделал мы не отпускать смогли - наша «Дон» до сих пор живет с нами сегодня. И он был единственным. Так что мы не смогли его отпустить, и наш Дон до сих пор живет с нами.

[update]
Продолжение следует

der Hund: По вашему мнению, каковы наиболее важные личные качества, которыми должен обладать успешный заводчик?

Kirschbaum: Особенно важно для начинающего заводчики иметь достаточно времени, чтобы ознакомиться с породой и получить максимум информации. Мы рекомендуем найти и посетить существующего заводчика и даже посетить страну, из которой происходит порода, чтобы получить впечатления о происхождении и развитии (предпочтительном типе). А потом право каждого человека, делать свои собственные выводы и идти своим путем. Что мы имеем в виду, что каждый заводчик должен поддерживать стандарты разведения. Они продиктованы FCI и являются сердцем собаководства. Тем не менее заводчик всегда имеет влияние на то, как развивается его разведение. Там всегда должна быть возможность некоторой свободы, чтобы развивать свой собственный тип. (дословно - штамм).

der Hund: По каким критериям вы выбирали новых владельцев для своих щенков

Kirschbaum: Как это часто бывает в собаководства, выбор нового владельца для собаки основан в значительной степени на здравом смысле. Так называемое хорошее впечатление, как правило является решающим фактором. Действительно нет золотого правила, по которому можно определить идеальную семью для собаки. Никто из нас не способен заглянуть в чужое сердце. Мы тратим много времени с потенциальными владельцами, отвечая на их вопросы. Таким образом, мы получаем хорошее впечатление о человеке или о семье. Поддержание связи после щенок переехал в новую семью также является обязательным для нас.
Нам всегда очень интересно посмотреть, какими вырастут наши дети. Очень радостно услышать, как они растут, и затем мы используем эту информацию для нашей будущей стратегии разведения. Мы доставляем некоторых из наших щенков прямо в их новый дом. Это хорошая возможность знать, в каких условиях будет жить щенок.

[update]
der Hund: Насколько важны для вас шоу?

Kirschbaum: Шоу очень важны для нас. Каждая оценка представляет собой быстродействующий и субъективным мнением одного отдельного судьи, чтобы быть уверенным. Именно эти факторы имеют большое значение для таких заводчиков, как мы. Оценка на выставке сопоставима с изображением в зеркале заводчика и его работы. Открытый и самокритичным заводчик может получить много от оценки судьи, который специализируется на данной породе и имеет большой опыт. Шоу часто критикуют как место сует, но все же они являются местом, где можно сравнить и проверить, насколько хорошо каждый делает свое дело, а также увидеть, как порода развивается в целом. Шоу это хорошее место, чтобы увидеть качества и характеристики породы из первых рук и, возможно, даже найти производителя для основания новой племенной линии.

Для нас имеет важное значение посетить несколько раз в году Великобританию, страну происхождения кавалеров. С одной стороны, мы поддерживать связь с окружающими, с другой стороны мы принимаем участие в выставках.
Мы должны признать, что в шоу есть определенный "наркотический потенциал" для нас. Так как наши последние выступления на национальных и международных шоу были успешны, мы полны решимости достичь аналогичного успеха на будущих шоу.

der Hund: Каков был ваш лучший и ваш худший опыт в вашей карьере в качестве заводчика?

Kirschbaum: бывают взлеты и падения у каждого заводчика. Но переживания, где радость и горе очень близки, это рождение наших щенков. Это всегда очень интересно, иногда расстраивает или грустно. И каждый раз все по-разному!

der Hund: какая книга или журнал по кинологии особенно полезен для вас?

Kirschbaum:
Есть очень много хороших книг, которые, которые продаются на наших прилавках,и почти невозможно выбрать только одну. По генетической теории к гомеопатии, у нас есть весь спектр, но есть одна книга, которую я хотел бы подчеркнуть,, хотя она написана давно: "Обзор Современного собаководства" (: “Review of Modern Dog Breeding”) Ханса Рабер (Пол Хаупт-Verlag) Эта книга является жемчужиной в раскрытии и описании того, как разводить собак ответственно. Я до сих пор в отдельные моменты, обращаюсь к этой книге за советом.

[update]
der Hund: Есть ли эксперт-кинолог, с которым вы бы хотели провести вечер в дискуссионном клубе?

Kirschbaum: Как я уже сказал, нам очень повезло в том, что у нас есть контакты в Англию, заводчики с более чем 30-летним опытом. Провести вечер с этими друзьями, эксперты, каковыми они являются, подобно чтению энциклопедии о Кавалерах и Чарли. Но если бы мы имели возможность исполнить одно желание, то, мы хотели бы провести вечер с самой первой заводчицей, миссис Питт. Мы хотели бы спросить ее "Итак, вы довольны тем, каким стал современный Кавалер?"

Решила добавить лишь некоторые достижения собак из Bonitos Companeros

Crufts 2012

Miletree Constellation

Best of Breed
1700942138971.png

1700941815019.png

1700941836439.png

CH Miletree Constellation
Best In Show at the International Dog Show Dresden

BOB judge Dr Pepper
BIG judge L Reinelt-Gebauer
BOD judge Dr Peper
BIS judge E Deutscher

1700941959345.png

VDH European Winners Show 2012
1700942076844.png

CH Miletree Constellation на European Winner 2012 стал Best of Breed

1700942263095.png

International Champion

AKC Champion

CKCKS Champion

Danish Champion

Swedish Champion

Finnish Champion

Nordic Champion

Luxembourg Champion

Danish Winner 2010

Westminster Winner 2013

Ch Bonitos Companeros Halli Galli

1700942327981.png

2012 - Nach nur 3 Std. und einem 12,5 Std Flug konnten die Bonitos Companeros bereits auf Ihrer ersten Show Erfolge verbuchen.
Bonitos Companeros Gianna Nannini wurde beste Hündin Puppy Sweat und Bonitos Companeros Executor war bester Rüde Puppy Sweat unter der Richterin Ruta Towse.
Am nächsten Tag wurde dann Gianna auch noch RES Best Hündin und
Int.Ch. Bonitos Companeros Halli Galli wurde res Best Rüde. Beide Res Winner erhalten den wichtigen Major Old Club .

http://honeybet.typepad.com/breed_notes/2013/02/new-orleans.html

1700942457643.png
1700942472722.png

Ch Bonitos Companeros Halli Galli

https://www.kirschbaum-cavaliere.de...companeros-cavalier-king-charles-spaniel.html

В колонке Нормы Инглис за август 2011 года http://honeybet.typepad.com/breed_notes/2011/08/index.html нашла фото Bonitos Companeros Halli Galli В Германии праздновали 30-летие German Cavalier Club и по этому поводу было проведено 3 шоу (два дня) на результаты были такие:
CAC in the Champions Class, Best Dog and BEST OF BREED под судейством Ted Eubank и также Alix Jauffret получил German, Swedish, Norwegian, Luxemburg и Danish Champion Bonitos Companeros Halli Galli

unNhZUqI.jpg

Верх Низ